1. Summarize what you have learned so far.
So far we have learned how to make sushi!
We also made it!
It was very bland cause there was a lot of rice and no seasoning :(
2. Have you been consistently following your timeline that you created in class 1? If not, why not? What has prevented you from completing your tasks?
Mrs Waite said that last class was class two even though it was class three.. :( so we are one day behind but we will catch up!
3. What resources have you accessed to help you learn this skill? What has been the most useful to you? We have used only one video to help us!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUSI8ElgRc
4. Have you made any changes or adjustments to your plan or timeline? If so, why? No, I am just going to make my post now!! So we will be on track for next class!
Reflect on your experience taking the Literary Elements test this morning.
1. Have you encountered this format before? How do you generally feel about these kinds of tests?
Yes, I have encountered this format before, This is the format that most reading comprehension tests come in, personally I don't like them, because you can not write write into the questions. Also, tests in general just freak me out. Im very bad at reading Comprehension
2. How did you feel about this particular test? Did you feel successful, knowledgable, etc.?
I dont really know. I felt kinda confused.
3. Can you identify any strategies that you employed in order to successfully complete this test?
I like reading the questions first, cause then you kind of know what you're looking for
4. Can you identify any strategies that you WISH you had employed? What will you do differently next time you encounter a test of this nature?
Next time i want to be more well versed with some of the vocabulary used.
*Choices you made prior to and during this test.
I Reviewed what the terms were
*Strategies that you used or did not use prior to and during the test.
I didn't pick the best answer a lot.
*Strategies that would be of particular use to you on your next test.
Making sure you fulling read and understand what the text and questions are asking
*What did you learn during this activity that you did not consider during your initial reflection on the test?
Read more carefully
Today Emma, Ally and I are learning how to prepare and make the sushi. The day that we were scheduled to actually make it (Thursday) has been cancelled, due to the fact that we are at We Day that day. So we will be working on the sushi Wednesday at lunch :)
We watched a video today on learning how to make sushi, you can find it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUSI8ElgRc
Prepare the rice.
Lay out the Mat.
Lay out the bamboo sushi mat on top of mat.
Lay out plastic wrap on top of sushi mat on top of mat.
Add the nori, Which is the seaweed.
Spread a layer of rice over the nori, leaving a little space near the edges.
Add the Avocado and Cucumber at the edge of the rice. (Don't Overpack)
To seal, rub cold water on the edges.
Cut and serve! Make sure to add soy sauce/ginger and wasabi if you want!